Re: Nways element manager ATM support & Inventory

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Nways element manager ATM support & Inventory
From: Jim Kellock <jkelloc@IBM.NET>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 16:49:41 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
This is largely a packaging issue, Jane.

The NWAYS ELEMENT MANAGER V2 is just that, containing only the JMAs
(Java Management Applications, the device management stuff.

NWAYS MANAGER SUITE V2 contains everything else- LNM, ATM, VLAN, JPM
(except for the RMON products)

LANReMon (RMON) is available as Remote Monitor V2 and Advanced Remote
Monitor V2. The ADVANCED contains LANReMon and Traffic Monitor
together.

And the 8274/77 management is Nways RouteVision (3.2 on AIX, 3.5 on NT)

The ATM Manager is an updated version of what you have in V1.2.3.  It's
not a radically different application.

There are new applications in the Suite- VPN Manager, Deployment Manager
(code distribution and updates for the 22xx boxes), a new traceroute
tool, and enhancements.

Hope this helps.
Jim Kellock