Re: trapd.log rotation?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: trapd.log rotation?
From: Vladimir Petr <petr@DATASYS.CZ>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 10:40:16 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Chris Yates wrote:

> Does NetView do any rotation of the trapd.log file? If so, how do I
> disable it?
> I'm interested in doing some cron rotation/automated e-mail processes
> and need
> to ensure I'm the only one manipulating the files.
>
> Chris Yates
> NEtwork Engineer
> J.B. Hunt Transport

Yes, it does. When the trapd.log exceeds its maximum size then it is copied to
trapd.log.old (the previous is removed if any)
and new events are written to the new one. You can set its maximum size as well
as a maintenance script which will be executed
right after copying trapd.log to trapd.log.old. Look at man trapd.

Best regards,
Vladimir.