Re: Netview Security

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview Security
From: Undetermined origin c/o LISTSERV administrator <owner-LISTSERV@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:10:39 +0100
Comments: RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and ignored.
Comments: RFC822 error: <W> Incorrect or incomplete address field found and ignored.
Comments: RFC822 error: <E> Mail origin cannot be determined.
Comments: RFC822 error: <E> Original tag data was -> chriswi
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Vince Rosso wrote:

> Vince Rosso@TRANSALTA
> 15/07/99 02:57 PM
>
> Running v5.1.1 on Digital Unix.   We trying to turn on security however the
> selections under the options menu when running nvsec_admin are grayed out.
> We are running from the root account where we installed Tivoli.   We also
> tried setting group permissions and file persmissions as set out in the
> Admin Manual, but this has made no difference.   Any ideas on what we might
> be missing here.   Thanks!

This is happening to us as well. We think we may need to install DCE.

Chris

--
Chris Williams, Airsys ATM, Cwmbran

chris.williams@uk.airsysatm.thomson-csf.com (Work)