Problems with Event History and ovaddobj

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Problems with Event History and ovaddobj
From: Bernard Disselborg <bdisselb@TRIPLE-P.NL>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 17:54:12 +0200
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello,

I'm running NetView 5.1 on a AIX 4.3 system. I have the following problems:

1. Event History
When I'm trying to start the event history (Monitor->Events->Events History)
I'm getting the following error message: "Error connecting with CI", and no
events. When I perform (from the Control Desk) a Query->Display Events, I'm
getting the same error message.

2. ovaddobj utility
When I'm trying to change some options for daemon, either through smit, TME
desktop or editing a .lrf file followed by a ovaddobj command, I'm getting the
following error message:
"ERROR: Unable to connect to TME 10 NetView NMS (have you done ovstart?) (OVs
1-16)"
The strange things is: all deamons are running, the system is fully functional.

Any clues ?

Thanks in advance,

Bernard

Bernard Disselborg
Consultant
Triple P Nederland bv - Enterprise Management
PO Box 245, 4130 EE Vianen, The Netherlands
e-mail: bdisselb@triple-p.nl
tel: +31 (0)347 353317
mobile: +31 (0)655 833355