dispsub process

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: dispsub process
From: Kashif Karim <kashif_karim@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:20:28 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Netview 5.1.1 on Solaris 2.6.

I can see multiple instances of dispsub process started on my Netview
server on different dates. I understand that this process should only
start when I am trying to look at Netview submap from the TEC console.
Something that I never do.
Question: Does dispsub also start if I use the Tivoli console to start
a Netview user interface? The command used in that case is
       nv6000_smit applstart -map 'Main' -mode '-ro'
why I ask, because the userid dispsub seems to have multiple instances
running from, starts netview with this command (wanted to open a
read-only NV map only actually). The other userid that uses the netview
script to start GUI also has an instance of dispsub running from it.
Why?

Dispsub doesn't seem to be cleaning itself up after the GUI is brought
down. how can I address that..??

Thanks
Kashif