Re: dispsub process

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: dispsub process
From: Scott Donohoo <scott.donohoo@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:32:59 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Without going to each user's display and exiting the NetView gui manually,
the way to shut them down is to kill each ovw process running on the
system. It's safe. That's what NetView itself will do if you perform a
NetView operation from smit or the Tivoli desktop that requires the guis to
be down. In NetView V5, there is a script for killing all NetView guis from
a command line, /usr/OV/bin/ovwexit.