Re: dispsub process

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: dispsub process
From: Scott Donohoo <scott.donohoo@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 14:43:33 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Hello Kashif,

The dispsub process *should* go away when you shut down the NetView gui.
The only time I have seen it get left behind (after which it may begin to
loop and take up CPU, a problem we are looking at) is if NetView was
shutdown improperly. e.g. stopping the daemons without first stopping all
of the guis. If it's left behind from a previous shutdown, it will
disconnect from ovw and a new one will start when NetView is restarted.
There should only be one.

If you are not using the dispsub function at all, I recommend you disable
its startup by editing

/usr/OV/registration/C/dispsub

and removing the '-Initial' flag from the command startup line.