Re: forward applications to TEC w/ TMNC already Installed

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: forward applications to TEC w/ TMNC already Installed
From: Scott Donohoo <scott.donohoo@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 19:45:48 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Xu,

#2 is the way to go here, at least on NT. TMNC does not do any event
"forwarding" as such. There is no one-to-one relationship necessarily
between the snmp traps NetView sees and the TEC events that TMNC's
tecad_ipfm sends to TEC. tecad_ipfm just sends a TMNC-defined event based
on information both from traps and topology updates in NetView. I doubt you
could extend it to send other TEC events or otherwise configure it to do
more than it was intended to do.

Basic setup of the NT tecad_nv6k adapter is in the NetView for NT User's
Guide. I'm not sure you can do any kind of complex correlation (on the
adapter side) but you can do some simple filtering of events to be sent to
TEC. Details on that can be found in the TEC Adapters Guide.