Re: netmon

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netmon
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@TKG.COM>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 1999 07:20:27 +0000
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Jorge Jiles wrote:

> Environment:
>
> Netview 5.0     aix 4.2.1       rs6000/240 dual cpu.
>
> Does anybody know how often netmon polls for device status? Someone said
> that the default status-check period is 5 minutes, but I cannot confirm
> this. It is probably related to the number of objects in the database. Is
> there any way to find out the actual value?
>
> Thanks in advance.

It depends on what you have set up.  Look in the GUI brough up with
xnmsnmpconf.

Another way is to do "netmon -a 11" (might be 12 - I can't recall exactly).
Then look in /usr/OV/log/netmon.trace.  This will have a list of nodes plus the
number of seconds left before the node is polled again.  (it dumps the ping
list).

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management