SUN Symon traps

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: SUN Symon traps
From: "Prokott, Joe" <Joe.Prokott@WESTGROUP.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 12:27:25 -0500
Has anymore successfully implemented Sun Symon traps into their NetView
system?  We are trying to set this up, but the variable bindings are being
displayed in the NetView Event window as hex codes.  These are SNMPv2 traps,
and I am wondering if NV is having a problem with the format because of
this?  We were able to load the SNMPv2 MIB for symon into NetView, but the
variable bindings sent to NV can not be formated.

If someone has gotten these traps to format correctly, could they please
post the format of these traps for each of the specific traps ID numbers for
the symon traps?  The trap numbers are dynamically allocated on the agent,
so as it to make it easier for the system developer to add additional traps
to be defined on the system.  The downside of this is that the severity,
message, etc... need to be parsed since there is not a unique specific trap
ID associated with each unique event.

Joe Prokott - West Group
Network Architect
610 Opperman Drive