Re: Time of trap generation.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Time of trap generation.
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 13:02:10 -0400
Well, if you are looking in trapd.log at this event, then yes, the first time
stamp is trapd's time he wrote it out to the file.  Any timestamp within the
trap itself would come from the agent and either be a accessed as $T or $n
(where n is 1, 2, ... 50 for whatever variable the timestamp is in.  Since I
don't know anything about Checkpoint firewall traps that's all I can tell you.
Use xnmtrap to see how this trap is formatted -- what elements are being used to
come up with the message you see.

If the Checkpoint timestamp is a in variable or in $T then you can just use
xnmtrap to modify the slot, provided the TEC class of event you are using
supports such a slot.  You have to send a new trap only if you want to add a
variable or trap element which is not in the original trap.  Since you already
can see the timestamp you want, I would guess that you would not have to send a
new one.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Kashif Karim <kashif_karim@YAHOO.COM> on 08/02/99 12:11:42 PM