Re: List of Objects to ASCII File

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: List of Objects to ASCII File
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 22:41:48 -0400

Clarification: nvUtil works with collections of all kinds. Did you see
 my append where I said:

'If you make a collection, and toggle that part at the top from Attribute
to Subnet, and put in a particular subnet, then the resulting members
of the collection will be nodes, not subnets. This will be useful if you
are interested in a certain set of subnets. If there are more than will
fit in the dialog, switch the dialog to text mode and add all you want.'

There are different kinds of collections, some based on Attributes,
some based on a List of objects, some based on other Collections,
and some based on Subnets. By default, when you start the Collection
Editor, it is set to Attributes. It shows at the top of the dialog after you
say New. Are you changing that from Attribute to Subnet? If so, then
the collection you make will not be subnets,  but members of those
subnets. If this is not working, then you should call support. This is
precisely the mechanism by which Mid-Level Managers are assigned
their domains, so it had better work.

Hi Leslie,

thanks for your help. I found only the command nvUtil on my netview server.
I made one collection with 9 subnets.

The result of nvUtil l <my_subnet> is a list with all subnet IP-Addresses.

But my gole is a list of all IP-devices below the segments of subnets.

I think the list-command nvUtil works only with the <collection name>  and
the first level <subnets>.
The secund level <segments> and thirt level <devices> gives no results.

If I made a collection of all segments, the nvUtil result is a list with
<segments_IPaddresses>.

I can't greate one collection with all IP-Addresses of devices that's to
mutch for one collection.

Is there a other way for greating of a list with IP-Addresses and
hostnames?

perhaps you can help me again?

Thanks and a nice weekend.

Salü
Matthias

IBB-Süd NW Netzwerkservices
Phone ++49 (0) 9721-91-4207 Fax ++49 (0) 9721-91-6188
e-Mail: goellnitz_m@ibb.de