Re: netview install problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview install problem
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@SKILLS-1ST.CO.UK>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:36:17 +0100
Can I use SIS to install NetView?  The answer seems to be "Yes" and
"No".  I import all my NetView code into my SIS Installation Repository
(IR) but DON'T then use SIS to do the actual install.  Use the procedure
documented in the NetView manuals ie. go to a Policy Region, add the the
NetViewServer resource and then use the create menu to create a NetView
server.  When you select media, you then point at the appropriate part
of your SIS IR - the names of the products to install are slightly
harder to find but it works fine.

Cheers,
Jane
--