Re: Viewing trap variables...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Viewing trap variables...
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 07:48:18 -0700
What you see in the trapd.log can be configured just like anything else.
Usually its just set to "$3".

What's in the bindings is up to the person who developed the agent.
You can send the same type of trap with bindings by using the "snmptrap"
program.  You can have anything in there... that's the beauty!

If you want to see exactly what is in the trap... compile the example
program "rectrap"  (recieve-trap).

Another way would be to have as an automatic action somehing like

echo "$1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6" >> /usr/OV/my.log"

You may have to put in the full-path for echo (but I'd try it without 1st).

Regards,

Gary Boyles