Re: Viewing trap variables...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Viewing trap variables...
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 12:46:01 -0400
You are almost there. Formatting the trap to display variable bindings
IN THE EVENT DISPLAY allows you to understand what is available.
In the events display they are referenced as $A, $1, $2, etc. The online
help is very good here. Then, when dealing with them in the ruleset
editor, you reference them differently. $A in the events display is NVA
in the ruleset editor. $E (enterprise) in the events display is NVE in the
ruleset editor. $1, $2, etc in the events display is NVATTR_1 in
the ruleset editor.

Thankyou for the responses but one more question...

I thought that in Netview, the variable bindings were referneced as
nvattr_1, nvattr_2, etc.

But it seems from what you are saying, variable binding 1 - $1, variable
binding 2 = $2, etc. Is this the way you reference variable bindings??

Sincerely,

Gord.