Increaseing Response times

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Increaseing Response times
From: "Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1@UIC.EDU>
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 15:15:35 -0500
I would like to reduce my node down response time to under 5 minutes.  So I
want  to start deploying MLM's to reduce the overhead on my Netview server.
All of my Lan conections are at least 100mb.   How many MLM should I need to
monitor say, 1000 devices every 5 minutes.  When I say monitor I need at
least the up/down status via ping responses.  Is there any chart,caculation,
or rule to go by when needing at least a specific response time to a node
down alert.  We are trying to establish service level agreements with
management and 5 minutes max. notice of a node down is what we are looking
at and is this reasonable.

Thanks
Brian