Re: Node status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Node status
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 19:26:58 -0400
In order to answer this question you have to answer several prior ones.
(1) Why does it take you 15 minutes to know a node is down if netmon is polling
every node at 5 minute intervals (the default)?  If you changed the polling
interval, why did you do it?
(2) How big is your network?  Do ovobjprint -S to find out how many objects
NetView knows about.
(3) People usually put MLMs where it makes sense to put them -- i.e on remote
subnets grouped by location.  How is your network configured.  Many subnets? A
few large ones?

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1@UIC.EDU> on 08/10/99 07:21:33 PM