Re: Node status

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Node status
From: "Dearman, Richard" <rdearm1@UIC.EDU>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 18:46:22 -0500
1)  The polling interval was increased because 5 minutes was causing the
Netview server to get overloaded with ping requests and hang.

2)There are 2500 objects that Netview knows about.

3)There are over 30 subnets.  With the slowest connection being 10mb
ethernet.

Should the ping timeout values be changed I left those at the default?
Or am I going about this all wrong I figured putting more MLM's out would
allow me to distribute the load.