Re: failure to subscribe

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:34:43 -0400
Rob -

Check with your own IT group and see if they are blocking mail from this (the
listserv or NV-L) address.
We had a similar problem in Tivoli because the NV-L list can be a source of
SPAM.  You don't have to be a subscriber to send something to NV-L, and it will
just echo it to all subscribers.   Without changing the way the listserver code
works (which is freeware) there is no way out of that problem.

Any way, once our IT folks removed their mail filter we could subscribe too

If that's not it, then let me know and I can recommend some folks at UCSB who
may be willing to help check their end

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Rob Napholz <tel1rxn@NJCMAIL.UPS.COM> on 08/11/99 05:12:53 PM