Re: Saving Environment

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Saving Environment
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 21:05:20 -0400
It is not enough to save your environment.  You must tell nvevents to load that
environment on restart.
To do that you must edit /usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents (or make a local copy in
your home directory and change that).  You must change   nvevents.LoadEnvOnInit
:   False   to    True .  (That's "True" with no trailing blanks).  If you are
using the CDE, then you must also log out and log back in again, or run xrdb
-merge, to have X pick up your changes.      If you want it to save the current
environment on exit, you can also set  nvevents.Save EnvOnExit  to True as well.
Otherwise it will reload the same thing you saved the last time.

As for  bugs in this area, there aren't any in 5.1.1 tht I know of.  And I would
be theguy who would have to fix them.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Kuhnen, Harry" <Harry.Kuhnen@COMPAQ.COM> on 08/17/99 10:22:59 AM