Re: APM and Icon colour change...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: APM and Icon colour change...
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 23:46:04 -0400
Yes, you must specify the threshold and rearm traps, and they must
be the traps provided. See them in the events configuration dialog
under the Tivoli MLM Threshold enterprise.  If it doesn't work it is
usually because you either did or did not include the dot at the
beginning of the enterprise specification, I can't remember which
one. You could specify your own traps, but the traps provided are
the ones that cause the color change for the icon.

Hi all,

Dumb question time again.....

I'm using the APM to distribute a Threshold monitoring condition to a bunch
of MLMs. I'm using the Threshold monitor to ensure that a process (trapgend)
is still running and if it isn't I then use an Automated action (embedded in
the policy) to restart that process.

Everything works fine - if trapgend isn't running I get an alert and the
process is restarted.

My question is ...

What mechanism drives the colour change of the icon that APM creates for the
Threshold policy ? Do I have to define a re-arm condition and a re-arm trap
in order to change the icon from red (threshold condition met, trapgend not
running) back to green (threshold condition not met, trapgend is
operational) as well as the initial arm condition and arm trap...

Neil Whitehead (x22808)
IT Services (Telecoms)
The Royal Bank of Scotland
Tel: 0131-523 2808
Mobile:07803 501793
e-mail: whitern@rbos.co.uk

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is registered in Scotland No 90312. Registered
Office: 36 St Andrew Square, Edinburgh EH2 2YB.

The Royal Bank of Scotland plc is regulated by IMRO, SFA and Personal Investment
Authority.

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the
message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the
message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your
computer.

'Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
does not accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was
sent.'