Re: NetView for NT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView for NT
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 00:02:16 -0400
Well, the simplest explanation would be that the Netview system
is not able to talk SNMP to the node. It must use SNMP to determine
that the two interfaces are on the same box. It is probably the case
that:
1) SNMP is not enabled on that device, OR
2) SNMP is enabled but an access list excludes the Netview server, OR
3) SNMP is enabled, the server is allowed, but the server is using the
wrong community.

There is also the remote possibility that Netview is taking its cue from
your name resolution. Sometimes if you resolve both of the addresses
to different names, and put both of the names in the seedfile, or both
addresses, Netview will start with the assumption that they are two
different devices. It is best to put only one of the addresses in the
seedfile. Netview will find the others by itself.

Once Netview sees the device correctly, the Nways will recognize it.

Let us know how you make out with the Nways V2 for NT. I have not
seen it yet.

Dear all,

Now, I was install Nways NT v.2 which it's run on NetView 5.1 for NT.
The problem is when the NetView discover device if it found multi IP on the
same device it create 1 symbol per IP that is incorrect. I don't know that
is the developer intention or not, and how can I do if I want it to create 1
symbol per device.

Best Regards,
Sontaya Passakonnirin
System Engineer
Datapro Computer Systems Co., Ltd.
Tel. 679-1927 Ext. 145 Fax: (662) 679-1934