AW: ping response

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: AW: ping response
From: Schiffinger Ralph 2100 <Ralph.Schiffinger@ERSTEBANK.AT>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:18:41 +0200
Hi, group.
Running AIX 4.2.1.0, NV5.1.1, Framework 3.6.
Box is F50 / 1GB RAM / ca. 18500 objects in database.
Continously monitoring CPU-load and network-traffic of my box.
Every time I stop and restart netmon (or change my SNMP-config),
i am getting the same picture:
CPU-load goes up and stays up (near 100%).
Network-traffic goes down and stays down (ca. 1-5 packets/sec).
After approx. 20 min's netmon suddenly wakes up,
network-traffic peaks out (from an average of 60 packets/sec
up to 500 packets/sec and more).
Afterwards things settle down...
Makes an rather interesting graph ;-)
I think (and watch). Waiting for clues...
Regards, Ralph.
iT-AUSTRIA / OE2100 / TK
Tel  (mobil)  0664 1908469
Tel  (iT-A)    21717 58948