Re: NV 5.1.1. and Optivity 8.1

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NV 5.1.1. and Optivity 8.1
From: "Art C. DeBuigny" <debuigny@DALLAS.NET>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 07:21:21 -0500
Optivity sets itself to listen to port 162.  It receives the traps,
correlates its own, and sends the rest to NetView.

You need to make sure that port trapd is set at 162 in /etc/services,
and that the NetView entries are set as defined in the NetView
documentation.  Please note that this will disable trap correlation
within Optivity.

Art Deuigny
debuigny@dallas.net

Bank of America Network Operations