Re: CiscoWorks2000 Intergartion with Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: CiscoWorks2000 Intergartion with Netview
From: Edvyn.Lek@BANKOFAMERICA.COM
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 08:37:34 -0700
crmimport.pl is used for importing Cisco devices into CiscoWorks database, using
a csv file in a format as in the sample file.. With this version of
CiscoWorks2000, it was not designed to integrate with NetView, like version 4.x.
The only thing that can be integrated into NetView is CiscoView. CiscoWorks2000
is a resourse hog, beware of enabling the availability feature. Another problem
with cw2k is that it is not a scalable product. It is sluggish and performance
when accessing it from a browser is terrible, if you have over 2000 Cisco
devices!

Another thing you can integrate with NetView is the ability to forward syslog
messages to the NetView event console (of course you have to do some perl
scripting yourself!).

Karin Binder <karin.binder@NWA.COM> on 08/27/99 08:24:27 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>