Re: odd numbers at end of selection name for interface

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: odd numbers at end of selection name for interface
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 17:48:51 -0400
Well, the numbers on the end of a selection name used to mean that what you had
was a duplicate object and since you cannot have a duplicate selection name,
NetView made one up by adding the object id as part of the name.  At least that
is what I recall.  So it would seem that it is time to do an ovobjprint and
redirect the output to a file so you can look through the entire database and
see if that if the case.

 It could be that you deleted this object from the map once upon a time, but it
did not really go away because there are fields associated with another
application which were still set.  But that's only conjecture on my part.  I
would do the ovobjprint, see what you can find, and then call Support.     You
may have to delete both the duplicate and the current one and re-discover to get
things right.

I would also do an nvutil and list the members of your collection just to be
certain what is and what is not a member.

Hope this helps

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Greg Redder <redder@yuma.ACNS.ColoState.EDU> on 08/27/99 11:48:59 AM