Re: Netview NT 5.1.1 Trapd Fix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview NT 5.1.1 Trapd Fix
From: "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVBANK.COM>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 13:43:32 -0400
Never mine I found it on another system. Thanks anyway.

>>> "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVBANK.COM> 08/31 1:27 PM >>>
You would happened to have that eventlog.dll fix. I've searched tivoli web site
and can't seem to locate it let alone the netview fix area. Thanks,

>>> Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM> 08/31 1:02 PM >>>
The trapd.exe fix was actually for forwarding events
other than standard Netmon events to trapfrwd.exe.
The apar is PJ26332.  There was another event related
efix, it was PJ26414.  It was specifically for Netview
NT 5.1.1 with SQL as the database backend for the
events.  The problem arises when the number of event
reaches the limit you specified (default 10000), and
when it couldn't purge the excess messages, trapd
fails.  The fix was a new eventlog.dll.

I had both fixes installed, so far had worked fine for
me.  Hope this helps.

Xu

--- "Todd E. Lewis" <telewis@PROVBANK.COM> wrote:
> I had to reinstall netview and suddenly my netview
> events stop coming in. Wasn't there a trapd.exe fix
> that Tivoli put out to correct this?

===
Xu He
Consulting Services Engineer