Re: Availability

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Availability
From: Fältman, Mikael <mifal@WMDATA.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:07:31 +0200
Do these guides correlate against topology data when calculating network
"unavailability",
or is it just "unreachability" based on ping from the Netview machines that
is reported ?
If so,
can these guides (or system - NV and TDS together) report "unaccounted time"
- the time
the router/links could not be monitored due to a failure in between you and
the endpoint
(for example default gw of the Netview/MLM server) ?

Will it ever be possible to monitor at layer-2 level insted of layer-3 ?

--Mikael

---
Mikael Fdltman (mifal@wmdata.com)
Network Services
WM-data Infrastruktur AB, BOX 164, S-295 22 BROMOLLA