Re: AIX 4.3, NV 4.1.2, and SMIT

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: AIX 4.3, NV 4.1.2, and SMIT
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 09:06:06 -0400
Current versions of NetView do not offer this option, first because there is no
SMIT on DEC or Solaris, and second because
AIX changed it so that  later versions of SMIT cannot be run within our
environment.  Version 5 users don't see the "problem" because the menu option is
no longer provided.  The NetView 4.1.2 you have is out of support and has been
since the end of November 1998.

If you want to run SMIT, you will have to run it from the command line

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

"Chris P." <chrisp@IODINE.UCIA.GOV> on 09/02/99 07:07:32 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>