Netview client Error Message

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Netview client Error Message
From: Keith Webster <kwebster@teksystems.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:28:45 -0400
Environment: Solaris 2.6  Framework 3.6.1  Netview 5.1.1

When trying to start netview from a client using the netview command I get this error message
"ERROR:  Cannot connect to server daemons"

After inspection of /usr/OV/tmp/NORUN which returned this info:
"nvstatus: cannot contact the mgragentd daemon for daemon status.
Make sure that the mgragentd daemon is running on the server."

Checked the daemons on the server and they were running.

However I can run the GUI with the OVW command.

Any ideas before I call support.

Thanks in advance.

Keith Webster