Auto Discovery and Auto Layout...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Auto Discovery and Auto Layout...
From: Gord Michaels <gord_michaels@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 07:04:19 PDT
Hello All.

I have a very old rs6000 (test platform) - it's a C10. On that machine I am
running Netview V3 and AIX V3.2.5 (I know, it ancient but it is just for
testing.) Netview is using a seedfile AND had Auto Discovery turned. The
results have placed some questions in my mind...

1. When using a seedfile, auto discovery should be off correct??

2. With auto disovery off, Netview will only discover new interfaces on
routers, correct?? It will not discover any new devices in the Network,
correct.

3. With Auto Layout off on the top level submap, new objects appear in the
NOHA, but do deeper submaps automatically recieve the new object or only
when I drag it onto the top level map does the appropriate submaps get it?

Any info appreciated.

Gord.