Re: startup error messages

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: startup error messages
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 15:04:45 -0400
The first messages would also be caused by starting the map as a
non-root user, I suspect. There is a registration file in /usr/OV/registration/C
for the menu selections regarding the web server, and the for the start-up
of the webquery process.  It seems a little odd to me that you should see
an error message about it, but it might be normal. If I were you I would put
on the 5.1.1 patch, since there were some fixes in the area of root user and
web stuff.  If you want, you can disable the thing altogether by removing
the -Initial flag from the command in the registration file. Do a
grep   webquery  *  while you are in /usr/OV/registration/C if it is not
obvious to you where it is.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 09/07/99

"Froelich, Leah M" <leah.m.froelich@LMCO.COM> on 09/07/99 10:37:11 AM