Re: How to stop all running daemons by shell script?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to stop all running daemons by shell script?
From: Mark Sklenarik <markskl@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 20:09:48 -0400
You have the basics correct.
1. Post a message to all users that NetView is going down, please log off,
or you will be logged off.
2. Exit all running interfaces. You can do this with the "ovwexit" command,
but the users need to known that the GUI may go down with them taking any
actions.
3. If you are running any other applications that rely on NetView
databases, stop them first. Nways comes to mind. "ovstop cmld".
4. Then "ovstop nvsecd",  does not have to be two steps.
5. Last for NetView "nettl -stop"
6. Then I would see what lets you might want to stop to speed up the backup
process.