Re: How to stop all running daemons by shell script?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: How to stop all running daemons by shell script?
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:13:35 -0400
Roberto Greco wrote:

>   AIX 4.3.2
>     Netview for AIX  5.1.1.
>
>    I have to backup a  Netview system once a week by 'mksysb' command.
>    To have a correct backup I suppose I have to stop all Netview daemons.
>    So the script that I'm going to run is the following:

>    ...stop all running interface...
>    ovstop
>    ovstop nvsecd
>    ovstop ovspmd
>    nttl -stop

Roberto,

This certainly will work, but it may be overkill.  You really just need to stop
all read-write maps, netmon, snmpCollect, and ovtopmd.  Also if you have any
customized scripts or programs that update the database (for example any
rulesets
that update database fields) they would need to be stopped as well.

>   Is it the correct  way?
>    Is there a more easy way to do it ?
>
>    and what about the NetviewWebServer daemon that still remains running after
> this shell script ?

nvwebstop will do it.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management