Re: NetView shutdown itself

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NetView shutdown itself
From: Ray Schafer <schafer@tkg.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:28:16 -0400
Sontaya Passakonnirin wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have NetView v5.0 run on AIX 4.2.1 and there is Nways 1.2 to manage the
> IBM device at my customer site.
> That it was terminate itself, it's not the first time.
> The customer use to call me about this event before, but when I tell him to
> start the NetView again which it's work. so like this time.
> For this time I can capture some error, but I don't know what cause of it.
> I don't know that the cause of problem is from application or system or not
> enough memory or some thing.
> Could be help please?

Looks like ovw_binary core dumped on you  (Date/Time:       Tue Aug 24
00:19:52 - see error sequence number 342).  This program is responsible for
drawing the NetView GUI.    Probably nways shut itself down because the
NetView GUI went away.   You need to send in the core file to support.
Before that, make sure that full core is enabled  (lsattr -El sys0).  There
are other things you must also do to make sure that the core file produced is
readable, like setting the maximum file size, and some others that support can
guide you on.

However, if you are at 5.0 you need to move to 5.1.1.  More than likely your
problem has already been fixed.   But to be sure you would have to contact
support to get instructions for obtaining a usable core dump, and will have to
send it in, they will then have to analyze it.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer@tkg.com
The Kernel Group              | Distributed Systems Management