NetView residing in a separate TMR should be changed as ManagedNode in a

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NetView residing in a separate TMR should be changed as ManagedNode in another TMR
From: Thorsten Mildeberger <mildeberger@DE.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:24:48 +0200
Hi all,

we have several production netview 5.1.1 machines each of them residing in a
separate Tivoli Management Region (TMR), i.e. each machine is also running as a
separate TMR Server. Now, we need to have these netview machines within our new
TMR on a new machine, so what has to be done to get all this netview machines as
ManagedNodes into our new TMR ?

The reason for this is, we want to use Distributed Monitoring and want to
install specific Monitors on all netview machines, so you need to have them all
as ManagedNodes in your new TMR where Distributed Monitoring is installed. So,
what to do? Is there a chance just to remove the framework on all netviews,
cause this is only needed for installation purposes and after this create just
new ManagedNodes for the netviews on the new TMR ?

I´m not to sure whether it would be a valid way to create ManageNodes for the
netviews on the new TMR regardless the point that actually all netviews still
reside in their own TMR?

We don´t want to do any tests on our production machines without any kind of
backround information, so any help from you would be appreciated,

Only as a remark: we don´t want to run a interconnected TMR approach, especially
that the netview TMRs are connected with the new TMR, cause we thinks that this
would decrease performance, wouldn´t it ?

Thanks in advane...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Kind regards

Thorsten Mildeberger
AT&T Global Network Services Deutschland GmbH
Mailing Address: Hechtsheimer Str.2, 55131-12, Dept. 8730, Mainz/Germany