Re: DNS domain suffix in labels

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: DNS domain suffix in labels
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 09:17:42 -0400

That's just what it does: the Selection Name is long, but what shows on the map
is whatever comes before the first dot. Are you seeing something else? The only
place I see long names on the map is on a subnet representing a loopback
interface if the mask is set just right.

Hi,

In NetView 5.1 for AIX, if I use DNS, I believe the object name will contain
the domain suffix. But what about the labels ? Is it possible to configure
the GUI so that only the hostname is displayed ? I'm asking about an
possible automatic mechanism that wouldn't require to manually change every
label in the maps.

Thanks for the info

Alain
Alain Menezes
ASLK-CGER Services GIE                          *:  +32 2 228.55.74
Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48                               *:  +32 2 228.83.69
1000  Bruxelles                                                 *:
Alain.Menezes@fortisbank.com
SDFG