NV UNIX 5.1.1 Collection Status problem

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: NV UNIX 5.1.1 Collection Status problem
From: Chris Cowan <chris.cowan@2ND-WAVE.COM>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 13:31:17 -0500
I've encountered a problem twice now with NV 5.1.1 and how it represents
the status of objects and propagates the status within Collections.
Basically, it does not jive with what is in the database or the IP Maps.

I opened a PMR about a month ago, but I seemed to be spending a lot of
time just convincing support that it was a problem.   They claimed that
no other customers have reported this.   I can't believe this is true.
Is anyone else seeing this?

It seemed to affect multiple objects across multiple collections.
Having performed multiple traces for support, we have yet to find
anything significant.

Thanks in advance