Re: user pofiles - map permissions

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: user pofiles - map permissions
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:14:12 -0400
Then I have not been clear enough. The map permissions do depend on unix
userids and groups. Say your operators are in group 'staff' (or at least not in
'system')
and root is who you want to own the map. In the permissions dialog, set the
owner
to root, the group to system, the permissions to 664, the map to 'default', and
do this once with yes  and once with no on the globals question. Whether
security
is enabled or not, those operator users should not be able to delete the default
map.

Thanks for your reply Leslie,
I have set map permissions in Tivoli as you have described.The edit delete
object and delete submap have been disabled,but I can still go into file
delete map and delete the default map.

thanks Arthur