transferring IP Topology dat to relational database

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: transferring IP Topology dat to relational database
From: Christo Burger <christob@absa.co.za>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 16:11:59 -0700
We would like to schedule the transfer of the IP topology database to the
local RDBMS, Oracle in our case, but he Procedure described in the DATABASE
GUIDE requests to run :
1. ovstop
2. /usr/OV/bin/ovtoposql -C -v
3. /usr/OV/bin/ovtopoconv -R -v

Problem: I don't want to shutdown Netview completely but only selective
deamons which will not disconnect the active GUI's. If this is possible,
please indicate which of the daemons I have to shutdown.

Thanks.

Christo Burger
Tel: +2711 3506480
Fax: +2711 3506228