Re: New map sort of created - cannot delete it.

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: New map sort of created - cannot delete it.
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 01:46:58 -0400
I was not using security when I made mine either. It happened when I
tested the global map permissions (the -G of ovwperms). I did not expect
it to leave that bit of trash around. It looks to me like the way to prevent it
is to not try it (save map as.. or create.. from a user without r/w permissions
on the map database). In fact, maybe you would like to be the one to call
support and see if they will accept an apar on it. With 5.1.2 shipping, maybe
they are looking for new bugs to fix? I would wait until hurricane Floyd moves
out to sea, though. Raleigh was shut down today as a precaution.

Leslie,

Thanks.  mapadmin -f <name> removed them.

Any suggestions to prevent them from being recreated?  I saw your last post
on map permissions that references the srf.  We're not using NetView
Security...

Thanks,
Karin