Re: Save graph collected

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Save graph collected
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@KARDINIA.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 16:36:38 +1000
Hi Dimitri
(answers embedded below)
At 08:46 AM 9/17/99 +0100, you wrote:
>From: Dimitri Setti@ITFCCRT0 on 17/09/99 08.46
>To:   Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView et alia
>      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
>cc:
>Subject:  Save graph collected
>

>Hi at all.....
>I use Netview 5.0 on Aix 4.2.1.
>another question about SNMP collection data....
>I'm collecting some MIB about my Cisco, and , sometime,
>I want to save this collected data.

If you want to save the collected data, you set this option in the data
collector
(Tools-->Data Collection and Thresholds) where you set up your MIB data
collection.

> So , in Graphic windows, I select Save As (
>to Save
>Graph Collected Data) and netview6000 saves it in /tmp/xnmgraph.data (default
>name).

This will only save the graph.  But you say you want to save the collected
data. The data collector, when configured to save collected data,  saves it
(the raw data) in permanent files.
If you are graphing the data, presumably you have set the data collector to
store it.
Look in /usr/ov/databases/snmpcollect.

>Is there a command to do it using a command line? I wish save my Collected
Data
>weekly, and then elaborate it with another tools: how is best way?

If you have set up the NetView data collector to save collected data, you
can use our product Kardinia Performance Reporter for NetView to produce
weekly (or daily or monthly ) reports from the raw data.
And of course, since we wrote it, we think this is the best way  :-)

Take a look at our web site www.kardinia.com (where you can download it for
a free 30 day trial) or send me email for more information.

>best regards
>
>dimitri

>Dimitri Setti
>   Fondo Comune Casse Rurali Trentine
>   via Segantini n.18
>   38100  TRENTO
>   ITALY
>
>   Tel:               +39   461   874.111 centralino
>                      +39   461   874.266 diretto
>   Fax:               +39   461   874.123
>
>   e-mail:   Dimitri.Setti@fccrt.it

Joe Fernandez