Re: graphutility & different trap behavior

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: graphutility & different trap behavior
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 08:34:57 -0400
Jens -

On #2 , it is simply not possible in my experience for one NetView to show "NO
FMT found" and another not to if they truly are configured identically.   I
would install the /usr/OV/conf/C/trapd.conf from the machine that is working to
the one that is not.
The only other explanation would be that the traps they are receiving differ
either by enterprise id, or generic and specific trap is.  There can be no other
cause.   How could there be if the trapd code is the same on both?  Then it has
to be either in the config file (trapd.conf) or in the trap itself.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Jens Mueller <JENS.MUELLER@LHSYSTEMS.COM> on 09/22/99 06:10:39 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>