Re: Ping list not getting pinged?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Ping list not getting pinged?
From: Chris Cowan <chris.cowan@2ND-WAVE.COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:03:39 -0500
benvain wrote:

> Bill,
>
> First I'd have a look to my polling intervals in Options...SNMP
> Configuration, provided that Polling and Discovery settings are enabled
> (Options...Topology/Status Polling Intervals...)... That's the way I
> resolved the same problem some time ago.

If after looking at the intervals, the problem isn't obvious, you can
get netmon to dump the ping list, ping in queue or wait, and similar
list for the SNMP polls by passing the right flags to netmon.   They
are:

netmon -a##

where ## is:

11 - ping waiting list
12 - ping poll list
15 - SNMP waiting list
16 - SNMP poll list

The lists desired will be outputed to /usr/OV/log/netmon.trace.   When
you're finished you probably want to reset the tracing and turn it off
(netmon -M 0).   You should probably check both, obviously if the wait
lists will tell you if netmon is keeping up.

I wish this was documented in the netmon man page, BTW.