Re: netview/nways processes...

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview/nways processes...
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:23:59 -0400
I may be wrong but I would have thought "user01" was just that -- a real user, a
person who has logged in and started
/usr/CML/bin/iubsearchx

If so, he can be killed like anyone else but I would find out who he is and why
he is running this command first.
Your error messages indicate a long standing programming problem in NetView
application.  If some application started by the GUI codes a select statement
without a default option, and none of the other conditions in the select apply
to the event the select is waiting for, then you get the error 9 message, and if
the code is doing this within a do-while loop, then you can get the repeating
errors you describe.  Your Nways app may have one of those.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Daniel_Casey@MAIL.JBHUNT.COM on 09/23/99 12:45:27 PM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>