Windows NT MLM's

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Windows NT MLM's
From: "McCarter, Bill" <mccarter_we@NNS.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:35:24 -0400
I have installed an NT based MLM  outside of a firewall on a segment with 5
devices. Netview found this box and added it to my map. Netview sees this NT
box as an MLM (isMLM=TRUE). The MLM seems to be doing discovery fine as it
found the 5 devices, but I did not receive any New Node traps back at my
netview server or did anything get added to the map. I have set the trap
destination address on the MLM. Does the segment that the MLM is put on to
take over discovery and status polling need to be part of the netview map
already?

I have the following in my netmon.lrf file,  -P -G /usr/OV/conf/mlmNodes.

Thank  You

Bill

Bill McCarter
Enterprise Systems Management