Re: NT Client verses AIX Client

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: NT Client verses AIX Client
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 11:36:03 -0400

Bill -

You apparently missed something in the documentation and our recent discussions
here.  You CANNOT have NT clients for an AIX server.  UNIX NetView requires UNIX
clients.  For AIX you may have AIX or Solaris clients but that is all.  NT
clients ONLY work with an NT server.   And to round out the discussion, Digital
Unix can have only Digital clients.

All you can do on NT for an AIX server is either (1) use the web "client"  --
which is not the same thing as the GUI nor as full-function -- or (2) get an
emulator like Exceed which will allow you to telnet into the server from an NT
box.  Though may users do the latter, you are on your own to make it work.
NetView Support does not offer assistance or guidelines for using an X emulator.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Bill Painter <william.t.painter@LMCO.COM> on 09/30/99 11:02:31 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>