Re: Changing NT Client Configuration to point at a new Server

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Changing NT Client Configuration to point at a new Server
From: Xu He <xuhe@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:29:23 -0700
Chris,

Change the registry keys, and copy down the new map
should work.  I've done it before, did you make sure
the NV_MOUNT_DRIVE is map to the new drive.  And, also
if you are running SQL Server, verify the the client
has access to the event database.  Plus, make sure the
NetView ID on the server and the one on the client has
the same password.  For some reason, when you do
demand-poll from the client, there's two-way
authentication going on.

Hope this helps
Xu He

--- Chris Cowan <chris.cowan@2ND-WAVE.COM> wrote:
> I know about getservermap.bat and the registry keys
> on the client that
> point to the NV Server hostname and IP address.
>
> However, there doesn't seem to be a way to reconfig
> the client to point
> at a new server, short of reinstalling.  And I'm not
> 100% sure that
> changing these 2 registry keys and propagating the
> maps would cover
> everything.
>
> Is there some facility, utility, or procedure for
> changing the client
> config? (I've been unable to find one in the docs).
> I'm sure some
> customer has an implementation with multiple
> servers, which they'd like
> to access from the same client.> begin:vcard
> n:Cowan;Chris
> tel;cell:512-970-7294
> tel;fax:707-988-8744
> tel;work:512-338-0159
> x-mozilla-html:FALSE
> url:http://www.2nd-wave.com
> org:ESM 2ndWave L.C.
> version:2.1
> email;internet:chris.cowan@2nd-wave.com
> title:Senior Principal Consultant
> adr;quoted-printable:;;3543 Greystone
> Drive=0D=0A#2129;Austin;TX;73781;
> note;quoted-printable:OCR Contact
> Info=0D=0A=0D=0A714-565-6715=0D=0A714-550-9104 (FAX)
> end:vcard

=====
Xu He
Consulting Services Engineer