Re: Netview V5.1.1 Web Interface - Event Log size ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Netview V5.1.1 Web Interface - Event Log size ?
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 09:30:48 -0400
Michael -

Perhaps the reason that you are not getting any answers is that your questions
assume that NetView functions in ways that it really does not.  There is no GUI
way to look at /usr/OV/log/ovevent.log.BAK even on the server itself, let alone
through the web.   You would have to use some other tool, such as vi, even on
the server.  And while the default size for the the ovevent.log is 128K, that is
only for the Events History function, not for current events, so it is incorrect
to call it the "NetView console control desk" default size.

As far as I know the web function of displaying events for a node is the same
function you get on the X GUI  under Monitor --> Current Events, so I do not
believe there is anyway to go farther back than what is available in the current
event list.

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

Michael Tsai <mictsai@TW.IBM.COM> on 09/30/99 10:26:23 PM