Re: Upgrading NV & CiscoWorks

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Upgrading NV & CiscoWorks
From: Edvyn.Lek@BANKOFAMERICA.COM
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 08:05:20 -0700
Let me try to put some perspective on this ... remember what Cisco uses to code
this application, and since it's java based, it's single processor based -
performance problem if BIG network. If you network is small, I mean SMALL. Then
yes, otherwise, NO. Leave cw2k alone on its own server. In addition, there's no
integration between cw2k and NV, and if you must you can write your own code to
"integrate" the two products, but not the pull down menus like cw version4.

Additionally, there's no snap-in like in cw version4, for this you will have to
wait for version 3, due out shortly (within the next few weeks?!).

Furthermore, within cw2k, if you have syslog sent to this server (your cw2k
server), you can write a script to send this syslog as traps to the NetView
event console via a trigger which you define within cw2k.

Please remember ... cw2k is NOT LIKE cw version4!!!!!

Christopher Short <chsmcs@HOTMAIL.COM> on 10/01/99 06:19:52 AM

      <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>